You can easily reach Arad by car coming from any part of Europe.
Main roads reaching Arad from the closest major cities in the region are:
- From Viena, 512 km – take A4 until Budapest and then continue as below.
- From Bratislava 469 km – take E65 until Rajka, then continue on M1 until Budapest. From Budapest follow the * instructions below.
- From Budapest, 272 km – take M5 highway until Mako, and continue on E68 another 72 km
- From Zagreb, 610 km – take A3 until Belgrade, and then continue as below.
- From Skopje, 606 km – take Autoroute 2 and E 75 until Belgrade and then continue as below
- From Sarajevo, 510 km – take E762 and E70 until Belgrade, and then continue as below
- From Belgrade, only 223 km – take E70 from Belgrade to Timisoara and then A1 from Timisoara to Arad
- From Bucharest 553 km – take A1 until Pitesti and continue on E81 towards Sibiu